A guide to our rates
Listed here is a guide to the prices and fees for all of Dalkey Photos’ commercial photography services.
If you would like the services of a photographer, or require a written quotation, please give us a call to discuss your needs.
Please just ask…
Click here to contact us for a free quote
Tel. 087 9902599 (Mon-Fri, 9am-5pm)
Includes location based photography.
A half day is typically 4 hrs and a full day typically 7.5 hrs
What you pay for:
- Our time to take your photographs;
- Our expertise;
- Processing of your images – they will be cropped, edited for colour balance, basic sharpening and – as necessary – corrected for geometry;
- Supply of your high resolution images – usually electronically, but USB/CDs/DVDs are available on request;
- A license to use your images – we do not place any time restrictions on how long you can use the images or how many times you use them, BUT there may be restrictions on HOW you use them and these will be detailed in your quote (this restriction usually only applies to large scale, world-wide, non-web advertising campaigns);
- Storage of the original photo files;
- Free post-production advice.
Expenses and processing costs
Any expenses and/or processing charges will be clearly detailed on your quote, but in general:
- We charge mileage for all projects outside of Dalkey at 0.65c per mile;
- We charge travel time for all projects over 2 hours away from our base in Dalkey. We charge nothing for the first 2 hours (in each direction) then €30.00 for each additional hour (in each direction) – rounded up to the full hour;
Basic image processing (cropping, editing for colour balance, basic sharpening and corrections for geometry) is included in your price;
Hotels and expenses (if required) are charged at cost.
Additional Photoshop editing work
Enhanced image processing and Photoshop work: charged on an hourly basis at €85 per hour or part thereof.
Prints of images available to special order.
We do not offer a cut-out service, as we believe you can source this elsewhere at a much more competitive price than we are able to offer.
What we need to know from you
A detailed brief will be required before any work is undertaken to ensure we are taking the photos you require to fulfil your needs.
If you’re unsure about this or want some advice, please just ask, since we want to get the best photos possible for you.
Potential discounts for longer projects
Project rates: We offer discounted rates for assignments that consist of multiple sites or require repeat visits (min. 1hr.) to the same site to complete the assignment.
Please contact us directly to discuss the project and we’ll be happy to provide a quote and demonstrate the potential savings.
Stock photo usage:
We also offer a custom stock photo service for Dalkey and the surrounding area – if we don’t have an image of a location you want, then we will look at adding it to our stock collection – at no additional charge.
Feel free to contact us so we can give you a breakdown of our rates and explain the options that best suit your particular needs. If you have any specific service or specialist requirements, please let us know.
We will always quote an “all-inclusive price” which includes all charges for us to take, process and supply images for specific usage.
Since we don’t like hidden costs and don’t see why you should either, we’ve listed our basic prices and will always provide you with a detailed quote based on the work you need doing.
Multiple visit discounts for photography
Extended assignments, requiring multiple visits to the same site or to multiple locations may qualify for reduced ‘Project’ rates – if booked concurrently, invoiced as a single job and completed over a period of no more than 30 working days (6 weeks). These projects rates do depend on the exact nature of the work, so please contact us for more details.
Your photos – what you get
We supply images in RGB digital formats electronically or on USB or CD/DVD on request. We will usually supply high resolution JPEG files at a ‘print ready’ resolution of 300ppi. Other file formats – PSD, PSB or TIFF – are available on request (an additional charge may be made).
Please note that as part of our quality control procedures, we will only supply images in CMYK formats upon receipt of precise ICC profiles and/or conversion details, along with a written specification of the conversion requirements. There may be a charge for some CMYK image conversion work.
To support our pricing information, we also have a guide to our standard terms and conditions for commercial photography services – please just ask if you are unsure of anything, we are happy to help clarify matters in plain English.